Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kara is TWO





































We just celebrated Kara's 2nd Birthday. In some ways it's hard for me to believe that she is already two, and in some ways it's hard to believe she is only two! She seems so grown up sometimes. She speaks clearly a lot of the time which makes her seem older. In the morning I hear her calling me from her room, "Mommy, where you at?" Some of phrases she uses a lot:




"What chu doin'?"




"What chu got?"
Paaauullleeaaassee" (complete with hands folded together in front of her)

"Owie... Kiss it" (whenever she gets hurt, oh that a kiss would always take the hurt away!)
Kara is very independent and already wants to get dressed by herself, she puts on her own shoes and has started buckling herself in her car seat. She takes so much initiative to do things herself.
Kara brings so much joy to our family and I am in awe of the gift God has given us. I often look at her and wonder how I got so lucky to have such a beautiful, charming, and loving daughter.

This year for her birthday we wanted an intimate celebration with our family. I was trying to keep it simple but then got the idea of having a Matryoshka theme to her birthday. It seemed so perfect for a little girl. I had fun making the decorations with help from some creative people on ETSY! Here is a link: www.etsy.com/listing/45900402/matryoshkas-digital-clip-art-set?ref=vt_related_1 The pictures from her celebration are courtesy of http://www.kendrawatsonphotography.com/

3 comments:

Julie S. said...

I know what you mean, how mature they seem and another moment thinking how quickly it has gone by. She is beautiful! Can't believe she's 2 already!

Mama Bear said...

Still can't get over those cupcake toppers. So cute!

AmandaB said...

Thanks ladies!! Sarah the cupcake toppers were so easy. I just printed out the clip art from Etsy and laminated them. So fun!