Thursday, June 24, 2010

Joshua is 4

This post is a little late. Joshua turned 4 on June 6th!
How did my baby boy get to be 4 years old? Our family is so blessed to have Joshua. At four years old he is very inquisitive and curious. He loves to have Daddy tell him stories about Superman. He is industrious. Joshua likes to create things, building things out of toys or making pictures on paper. Joshua is very loving and kind. He often tells us "You're the best" and "I love you all day long" Sometimes he will add, "even when you are mad at me, I still love you" And how could I ever be mad at that precious face? He likes to teach Kara things and I will overhear him saying, "Kara, can you say.. 1..2..3?" When Kara says it, Joshua happily reports her progress. "Mom, can you believe she said that?" While he is a lover, he can also be a fighter and has a very strong side to him. He stands up for what he wants and is quick to protest when he sees something he thinks is unjust. He's very excited to be "signed up for preschool". He will start the fall semester in a 2 day a week program. I'm excited for all thats ahead, but also trying to savor each moment and it does go by so fast.

image used with permission from photographer www.kendrawatsonphotography.com

2 comments:

Julie K said...

How sweet! I enjoyed reading your description of his personality. So cute that he says to you, "You're the best" and "I love you all day long." By the way, a friend in the AP group is looking into the preschool you used to work at for her son. I assume you'd recommend it?

andrea creates said...

Happy Birthday :)
Have a great weekend~
Andrea