
November 2, 1921- February 12,2012
A friend of mine said, “Grandparents have a way of making you feel like a movie star”.
This certainly was the way my Nona made us feel. She had a way of making all of her grandchildren feel special and loved. It’s hard to put my finger on exactly what it was but I think it had something to do with the way she would prepare for you. Whether it was a dinner, “The Envelopes” at Christmas, the framed embroidery, the photo album filled with your pictures, or the cabbage patch kid she had to go to 5 different stores to get. Nona was creative in her preparations. She spent time and thought to make things extraordinary. Whenever we would drive up to visit, there she would be, waiting at the window for our arrival. We would go inside and see all the preparation she had made for us. I remember the first time we brought my son Joshua to visit, we walked in and there was a step stool with his name on it (courtesy of Noni) and toys set up on the floor for Josh to play with. I loved the way she would get an idea of something she wanted to do and then would enlist my Noni in helping her make it happen. Everything my Nona did, she did with love. There was never a doubt in my mind of how much she loved me. Warmth and love exuded from her being. To be around her was to feel loved, cared for, and special. She leaves a legacy of love here on this earth. I like to imagine the preparations that were made for her arrival into her heavenly home.
Psalms 116:15 says “Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints”
As much as we love Nona, I know the Lord loves her more and has prepared a place for her to spend eternity. I find comfort in knowing that the love she gave to us lives on as we love the people in our lives and will continue on for generations to come.

1 comment:
I love this so much! Love you cousin!
Post a Comment