Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Candy

This morning I heard Joshua come out of his room when I was still in bed. Usually he comes right in our room and wakes us up but not this morning. I heard him go down the stairs and it was very quiet, so I thought I'd better see what he was up to. I tried to stay out of sight so that I could just watch him. He had turned on all the Christmas lights, then went over to the shelf and found a candy cane that we got from Christine last night. He was trying to open it and not sucessful. Then I watched as he took that candy cane to the kitchen. Joshua took a chair and moved it over to the counter, he was looking in the pencil cup for his scissors. When he couldn't find his scissors, something else caught his eye. It was a package on the counter. In the bottome of the package there were small hard candies that we had told him he couldn't have because we were afraid he would choke on them. He carefully took out a few of the candies and then climbed down under the table. Once there I could see he was thinking about what to do next. He left the candies under the table with the candy cane and went back up to get more! Then the package tipped and crashed down to the ground with a lot of noise. Joshua didn't even flinch. He climbed back down under the table and started unwrapping each of the little green candies, and lining them up on the floor. At this point I was crouched down peeking at him from behind the island in the kitchen, just smiling at how quiet and careful he was being. He saw me, and got a big smile on his face. Without missing a beat he said, "Do you want to help me count these?" As if to say, "Oh I'm not going to eat these, just counting them, no harm in counting" It was really funny. He did end up licking the candies and I said as long as he didn't put them all the way in his mouth he could lick them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Just when I thought he couldn't get any sweeter!!

The Stressed Momma said...

What a smart little guy! He's so cute!

Robyn said...

LOL Amanda!! You must have been chuckling while you watched him. Too cute!!!!!!

andrea creates said...

Hi Amanda-
I just wanted to thank you for your longtime support of my shop,so I have nominated you for a 'lemonade award'.You can see the info on my blog !
Have a great day-
Andrea