Thursday, March 12, 2009
I know I'll get used to this..
But I don't want to! Vince started a new job this week and for the first time in years he is working in an office instead of from home. On top of that, he has about an hour and a half commute to work. Which works out to about 12 hours away from home everyday. I know this is reality for many families. We were incredibly blessed to have him working from home and I am so thankful he has a job in this tough economy. That said, I MISS HIM SO MUCH!! I miss coming home from the park and hearing him call down from upstairs. I miss being able to just pop in and say hello. Being able to have lunch together. Now our time feels so limited and it really makes me sad. Once he gets home we hardly have time to relax, just have dinner, get the kids to bed and try to get ourselves to bed early. Then it starts all over again. Glad to have the weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi-
I can totally relate.My husbnad has never worked from home so I'm used to it,but it's never easy.We've never even had a full weekend.
Take advantage of those!
Nice to see you're posting on your blog again.How has etsy been?
Take care-
Andrea
oops-that should've said'husband':0
Hi Amanda! I can totally relate as well! Bob commutes to Irvine (among other places) and usually spends at least one night away from home each week. It stinks, but it's what we have to do for now! *hugs* Ami
Amanda,
Your family is beautiful! I'm glad that you're blogging as well! I haven't blogged in such a long time... I also checked out your etsy shop - I love etsy!
That sounds familiar. Although Jeff's job (10 min away) he puts in long hours. Leaves about 6:30 and comes home around 6. So by the time dinner gets ready, settle Ashlee down it is almost time for bed. It has hit me hard this week. Maybe with baby just being born. I was pretty sad the last couple of days. Then yesterday I felt a little better. SO glad it is the weekend. I miss my husband too. I don't feel like I have enough time with him.
Post a Comment