Saturday, May 22, 2010

Joshua's Song

"Oh Lord, Our Lord how majestic is your name in all the
earth!
You have set your glory above the
heavens.
From the lips of children and infants you have
ordained praise
."
Psalms 8:1-2
We recently bought one of those plastic 'microphones', the kind that echo when you talk into them. The kids were playing and I could hear Joshua singing into the microphone. At first I though it was just random singing. But as I listened I heard him singing praises to God. This really blew me away. We don't listen to a lot of worship music at home and unfortunately haven't been to church in several weeks. It amazed me to hear all this coming out of his mouth and I had to write it down. Here are some excerpts from Joshua's song:
"God is always with us, He created everything on the earth,
God is great, God is good,
Yeah, God created everything on the earth, Yes oh yes, He
does that,
He created birds in the sky, Yes oh Yes, He really does
that, Fish in the water,
Yes oh yes He does, God is great, God is good, He created trees.
He is the greatest in the world,
He is everywhere, He is in Heaven with Jesus, He created
everything, Crabs at the beach,
Yes, He does that. You pray to him for your food, 'cause He is
good. God really is good,
He is amazing. He made the best people and animals.
God is great, God is good, let us thank Him for our food,
yes oh yes, you do that,
Then you eat your food after you pray.
He is God, He makes people and He plants everything on the
earth,
Yes oh yes He does it, God is great, God is good,
I trust You with my heart"

Part of the song was from a prayer I said as a child and now Joshua says before we eat,
"God is Great, God is Good, let us thank Him for our food, AMEN"
Josh was so please when I told him I was writing down his song and wanted to keep singing and singing. I was writing it on some scrap paper I had near by. Long blue strips of paper. After we finished writing his song, he carried those strips of paper around with him for the rest of the day. When I went in to check on him that night, he was sleeping soundly, holding those blue strips of paper. It warmed my heart to see how much it meant to him. I think children feel so valued when their words and ideas are written down. I want to do this more often. I was especially touched by what he sang and will treasure that in my heart!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

That is amazing. I love that he fell asleep holding the paper.

andrea creates said...

How sweet :)
Hope you have a great weekend...
Andrea

Julie S. said...

so precious!

Unknown said...

Amanda - that is the most beautiful thing in the world! I'm so glad you're updating your blog more (and I'll check it more because I'm finally organizing all my random bookmarks!) I love hearing about your sweet kids :)

Ami, Bob, Jack, & Luke said...

So cute! And how did I miss that you are expecting?? Congrats-- so happy for you! :)